Saturday 18 April 2020

Nimisha


One of the few members who weren’t associated with my other friend groups that I met personally was Nimisha. We met at a restaurant during one of my most outrageous days. Having worked less than a month in an organization, I realized that it wasn’t the right place for me immediately after I signed the appointment letter. I quit without delay and the first thing I did after quitting was to meet Nimisha. That, I call serendipity. Just like heroes have opening scenes, this was the opening scene of my heroine.

I had arrived early. She came a little later and out of my toppling thoughts, I easily blurted to her how quick I can judge people. And she asked – “Right now what are you judging about me?” I reserved my comments for her question.

Also Read: A Colourful Feeding Journey: Story of Innovative ways of making a toddler eat

We had more occasions to bond as we intended to. She came over to my place first. Dressed up in extraordinarily ordinary salwar kameez, I could easily get her home without feeling the need to dress up for an outsider. I cooked her lunch and to a few places nearby when I was home-alone. On another occasion I dined with her Kerala style food preparations. I wanted to have my usual dose of coconut water and we got out. It was that day when I got to catch what a bold lady this doll could be. The shopkeeper cut a small sized coconut and charged a bomb. There were other big and fertile coconuts too. But he chose to do this. I handed him a lesser amount for his betray and he swore at me. While I don’t extend a fist fight at vendors, Nimisha cut through our conversation. She met him in his eye and asked, “Yes? How do we look? Please tell us.” I thought she was kidding me. But she stood and challenged him until he had to apologize for his misbehavior. “If someone looks gullible, you get to swear at them is it?” she asked. That day I learnt how one confident move can rewrite an entire story.

That wasn’t it. That evening we also dined at Berry’d Alive, the amazing café Nikhil, her husband co-founded. Nikhil was another beautiful soul. His management techniques wowed me, which I later got to feature in a magazine. Nimisha and I have had more such special moments and she always has been a complete package of goodness. I’m glad to destiny for bringing us together adding her on MSW.

No comments:

Post a Comment